Our application to the Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care for our autumn quarter is now available.
Apply by May 1 for priority admission in the fall.
Apply by July 15 (space allowing) for fall.
Below you will find details about what you will need in order to complete the application. Please read the instructions in the above School of Nursing link carefully.
Two pathways for applying
Already have a bachelor's degree?
For those who wish to apply to the Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care and have a baccalaureate degree and are taking the graduate certificate as a stand-alone program select the option under apply now: Graduate Non-matriculated, then “M or Nursing-Seattle Campus” (Even if applying to Portland or Boise/Tri-Cities campus)
Already have a master's/graduate degree?
For those who have a post baccalaureate/graduate degree or are applying as an international applicant please select the “Nursing-Grad Cert Prog- Adv Prac Nurse (Palliative Care)” option.
- Two letters of recommendation: (providing their impression of the applicant as related to the following criteria: clinical competence, teaching and supervisory potential or ability, personality and integrity, and potential for leadership and professional development) with the 2 recommenders from the following options (Recommenders will receive email prompting them to submit online recommendations for you) :
- clinical recommendation from current clinical supervisor
- clinical recommendation from a peer or previous supervisor
- academic recommendation, such as one from a clinical or class instructor, or preceptor
- A statement of purpose indicating why you are interested in the School of Nursing Graduate Certificate in Palliative Care and how will you use the training in your daily work. Please include the preferred track/campus for your in-person workshops participation.
- UW School of Nursing Graduate School Application Supplemental Form
- Electronic transcript of all post-secondary schools (unofficial, if legible are fine).